Hengshan Calligraphy Art Center
Wednesday to Monday, 9:30 AM to 5 PM with the last entrance at 4:30 PM.
Tuesday and other announced closing days.
Announcement of the HCAC Opening and Closed Days from March to June 2024
- This Visitor Notice is formulated to maintain the quality of tours and services to visitors of the Hengshan Calligraphy Art Center (hereinafter referred to as “HCAC”).
- Please keep voices low and do not talk loudly, and verbal or physical violence is prohibited at the HCAC.
- Do not go bare-chested or wear undershirt, indoor slippers, or disheveled clothing for your visit to the HCAC.
- For the safety of visitors and artworks:
- No dangerous objects, food, beverage, long umbrella, or large personal belongings are allowed at the HCAC. Please leave umbrellas at the umbrella stands outside, while short umbrellas and kettles may be stored into a bag or deposited in a locker.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew betel nuts or gums at the exhibition spaces.
- Lockers are available at the HCAC. Please store backpacks of any size, or any belongings larger than 40 × 30 × 20 cm, in a locker before a tour at the HCAC.
- Please follow the instructions of the staff on site for any objects deemed to be deposited or prohibited by the HCAC.
- Any child under the age of 6 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Free baby stroller rental service is available at the HCAC.
- Out of the respect for art and exhibits and for the safety of visitors, no roller shoes or skateboards, bicycles, or push tricycles for children are allowed in the HCAC.
- No animal, plant, or pet is allowed in the HCAC, except for guide dogs.
- Do not run, play, or litter.
- Except for otherwise stated, do not touch the exhibits, or cross the fence or visiting signs on the ground.
- Do not sabotage any exhibit or facility; do not lean against the wall or a showcase.
- Notice for photo-/video-shooting:
- Video-shooting, selfie sticks, tripods, and flashlight are strictly prohibited in an exhibition.
- Please comply with the instructions on the copyright signs of the works in the exhibition and stop shooting photographs or videos if there is a sign of No Photo/Video-shooting.
- Do not occupy or clutter any entrances or corridors with personal belongings.
- Please keep the passages clear on the principle of no interference with the passing, appreciation, and access of visitors.
- Please avoid shooting photographs/videos of other visitors and obtain necessary consent in advance in consideration of the rights of the individuals involved (e.g. portrait rights).
- Use of the electricity and relevant equipment of the HCAC is strictly prohibited.
- The HCAC may request any visitor to stop photo-/video-shooting immediately should any of the following circumstances arises:
- Photo-/Video-shooting out of commercial purposes without a prior application and approval;
- Use of selfie sticks, tripods, or flashlight;
- Content of shooting in potential violation of the laws and regulations, public order, or good customs, or involving campaigns for the elections of president, vice president, or public officials of the central or local governments, or activities of political parties;
- Serious interference with the visiting routes, order, safety, and health in the exhibition;
- Damage to the equipment of the facility or to the safety of visitors in the process of photo-/video-shooting;
- Any other circumstances determined by the HCAC to be inappropriate.
- The epidemic prevention regulations in force at the HCAC are subject to the instructions of the Central Epidemic Command Center in the event of an epidemic.
- Group visits
- Available at 11:00, 13:00, and 15:00.
Groups of 10 people or more should book their visits on the TMoFA website five working days before the visit. You are welcome to contact the Information Desk of Hengshan Calligraphy Art Center at +886 3 2876176 for any questions.
- Application for Photo-/Video-shooting outside of Hengshan Calligraphy Art Center
- An online application via the “Reservation and Application” (Apply here) on the official website of TMoFA is required for all photo-/video-shooting 10 working days prior to the date of shooting. Please refer to and abide by the application directions.
|Individuals aged between 18 to 64
|Groups of 20 persons or more
- Individuals that have purchased concession tickets or are free to admission are required to present relevant documents to validate their identities to enjoy the service.
- The tickets listed in the table above do not include the tickets sold for special exhibitions in partnership with private entities.
To promote calligraphy art and various exhibitions, the daily guided tour in Mandarin, group tours, and audio guide services are available at the HCAC in the duration of the respective exhibitions as follows:
- Daily guided tour in Mandarin
Available at 11:00 and 15:00, no need to book.
The content of the guided tour encompasses the introduction to the current exhibition and artwork appreciation.
- Reserved guided tours in Mandarin or English
Available at 10:00 and 14:00 for groups of 10 people or more.
Please book the tour on the TMoFA website ten working days before the visit. For the tour in English, please book by email or contact the Information Desk of HCAC at +886 3 2876176 for any questions.
- Audio Guide
Scan the QR-Codes of the selected works in the exhibition with a mobile phone for the audio guide service and listen to the introduction to the current exhibition and appreciation of the artwork.
- Public Transportation
- By BusDayuan International Senior High School: Take Route 206B, 206C, 208, 208A, 302, 707, or 5089 to the stop and get off for a 3-minute walk on foot.
- By Taoyuan Airport MRTA17 Linghang Station: Exit the station and go for about 8 minutes on foot.
- By Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR)THSR Taoyuan Station Exit 7: exit the station and go for about 20 minutes on foot.
- By Car
No. 100, Daren Rd., Dayuan Dist., Taoyuan City, Taiwan.
Parking facilities are available around HCAC.
The HCAC has galleries, a lecture hall, café, restroom, breastfeeding room, and water fountain.